- Supply Chain & Technical Services
- Refurbishments & Upgrades
- Project Delivery & Implementation
- Asset Management
- Electrical Equipment Overhaul
- Product Solutions
- Drafting Services
- Parts & Products Ordering
UGL's Steelplan business provides 3D structural steel detailing and modelling services to the resources, industrial and commercial sectors. UGL specialises in mining, materials handling, oil and gas, stadiums and commercial projects and can assist across all phases of a project.
Working closely with designers, UGL can begin detailing before the design is complete, providing clients with a 3D steel model of the site that seamlessly integrates a variety of disciplines and shows interaction of piping, concrete, electrical systems and fire services.
By providing this model before construction commences, problems are resolved before steelwork is released for fabrication, issues can be predicted and rectified and construction re-work is minimised.
Our long-term relationships with fabricators and construction teams allow us to assist on site and follow projects right through to the construction phase.
Incorporating the services of subcontractors, UGL can dedicate over 4,000 man-hours and deliver between 2,500 and 5,000 tonnes of material each month.
Our experienced team consists of project managers (registered with the Australian Institute of Project Management), senior modellers, experienced checkers and a stringent document and quality control department.
- Advanced material tracking system
- Forecasted erection sequence
- Streamlined workflow processes
- Reduced error rates and construction issues
- Improved cost and time efficiency
- Improved productivity and quality in project lifecycle
UGL uses the latest steel detailing technology and is the industry leader in Tekla Structures and Autodesk Navisworks.
Navisworks boasts exceptional capabilities in 3D simulation and offers flexibility and customisation to projects.
Navisworks allows for streamlined review processes and accurate visualisation for risk management. Links to general arrangements, assemblies, parts and design drawings, are readily available to assist in resolving problems on site efficiently.
UGL in partnership with fabricators, has also developed a visual status system that uses iCONSTRUCT to report the accurate fabrication progress through the workshop.
This technology has been merged with existing project management systems and can be used on site to prioritise steelwork.
Progress can then be compared against both forecast and actual erection progress. Clients are able to use Navisworks to generate reports that show the dollar value of actual work completed.
UGL has provided steel detailing services for a number of well-known projects throughout Australia and internationally, including:
- BHP: RGP - Mine and Port Expansions (Western Australia)
- FMG: Port Expansion T45, T60, T155 (Western Australia)
- RioTinto: Cape Lambert Port B (Western Australia)
- Newmont: Boddington Gold (Western Australia)
- Perth Arena
- Perth Bell Tower
- Perth Convention Centre
- Soldier Field Stadium (Chicago)
- Busch Stadium (St Louis Cardinals)
- Walt Disney Concert Hall (Los Angeles)
- Woodside LNG Train 2, 3, 4 & 5 (Western Australia)
- Woodside Pluto Flare Tower (Western Australia)
UGL Steelplan was named Steel Detailer of the Year by the Australian Steel Institute for work on the Newmont Boddington Gold expansion project.