- Transport & Technology Systems
Double deck electric multiple unit
Enhanced passenger safety and comfort
The Oscar is another example of UGL’s successful 30-year partnership with the NSW Government
The design heritage of the train reflects the intimate knowledge of the Sydney metropolitan rail network that UGL and Mitsubishi Electric have developed over the years.
The trains consist of four vehicles each, comprising two control trailer cars and two motor cars - one of which has toilet facilities. Running as four or eight car-sets as determined by NSW Trains, 220 Oscar cars were built. The strong focus on the Oscar interior design means passenger safety, security and comfort have been placed at the top of the agenda. Oscar features include reversible seating, fully ducted air-conditioning, and modern toilet facilities with disabled access, an emergency passenger intercom system and advanced passenger information displays.
The Oscar is currently the only passenger rail vehicle in NSW that has demonstrated that it meets NSW Trains stringent 55km/hr crashworthiness test standards.
- 1 x wheelchair accessible unisex toilet per 4 car set
- Hearing augmentation facilities
- Capable of nightsafe operation
- Crew intercom
- Reversible walkover style seating
- Passenger emergency intercom
- Internal public address
- Digital voice annunciation
- Video surveillance of passenger areas
- External and internal destination indicators