Primary LocationPerth CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs, Western Australia, Australia
No matter where you are at UGL, you will find people who are passionate about what we do; the projects we work on, the services we provide, the communities in which we work, our principles and our people.
UGL Pty Limited is a diversified services company delivering critical assets and essential services that sustain and enhance the environment in which we live. Our capabilities extend across a broad range of services and whole-of-life solutions for diverse industries, utilising world leading, sustainable and innovative technologies. We partner with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprise and public institutions.
UGL is a member of the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors and the world’s largest contract miner.
We are currently recruiting for a Welding Manager for our Asset Services team based in Henderson. Reporting to the National QA/ QC Manager – the Welding Manager is responsible for the ongoing support, development and management of all applicable welding technology solutions and related activities for the Asset Services division as well as the provision of support for specific QA/QC related activities as required. Expertise, advice and support is also provided to other UGL Divisions as required. This is a permanent full-time role.
Responsibilities include but not limited to;
- Develop, manage and maintain all weld procedures and welding qualifications compliant to the relevant welding codes;
- Maintain integrity with welding consistency across all projects;
- Provide advice and support to the business (including clients and contractors) in relation to welding matters;
- Identify key areas of opportunity to improve UGL’s technical expertise in the area of welding;
- Develop company standards, processes and procedures to ensure consistency throughout the organisation;
- Manage and maintain the UGL welding database;
- Conduct audits on welding areas and other specific QA/QC elements as needed;
- Conduct external provider assessments on proposed fabricators or welding intense providers;
- Capture welding metrics on projects to ascertain weld defect rate.
To be successful in this role;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Previous experience in a similar role within the Mining, O&G and Mineral Processing industries;
- International Welding Technologist (IWT) qualification desirable;
- Weld Australia (WTIA) membership desirable;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work within a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands.
Please note a rigorous pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening will be conducted. UGL workers are subject to regular random screening.
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at UGL, so we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability or ethnicity. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this role, click the Apply button.