EOI - Electrical & Mechanical Site Engineers233011
DisciplineEOI - Electrical & Mechanical Site Engineers
Primary LocationNorth Shore & Northern Beaches, New South Wales, Australia
The $8.3 billion Sydney Metro North West is Australia’s biggest public transport project. The Sydney Metro North West will be Australia’s first fully-automated rail system and the first stage in Sydney’s new rapid transit network.
NRT Systems Joint Venture (SJV) is an unincorporated, integrated joint venture between MTR Corporation and UGL. The joint venture has been formed to deliver the Trains and Systems scope for the Sydney Metro North West. SJV will design and deliver the tunnel systems, rolling stock, rail signalling and overall control systems for the project.
We have opportunities for Electrical and Mechanical Engineers to join our team on a maximum term contract. You will provide engineering expertise in the design, fabrication, installation and assembly of the project. The primary challenge of this position is to ensure the project or other assignment is completed in a timely and cost-effective manner to meet contractual arrangements made with the client. The role will be based along the SMNW corridor - Chatswood through to Bella Vista.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Review and plan the project with the Construction Manager and meet contractual client arrangements;
- Liaise with Client on all technical aspects of the project;
- Point of contact for technical based queries;
- Provide engineering advice for sub suppliers;
- Overviews the entire project (within disciplines) from an engineering view point while maintaining an open approach to all problems.
- Attend meeting with client on all disciplines of the work;
- Liaise with design and detailing houses as required;
- Prepares Inspection and Test Plans and associated Project Specific Procedures;
- Ensure that installations throughout the project are conducted in a professional manner with all results being reviewed and accepted by the client;
- Provide written reports on engineering activities;
- Assessment of risks and hazards involved in tasks, and manage the hazards in order to prevent incidents, injury and damage;
To be successful you will:
- Tertiary Engineering Qualification desirable.
- Valid current Drivers Licence and associated tickets and licenses;
- Sound experience in similar role;
- Previous experience in construction, heavy industry environment;
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word, Excel;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships both internally and externally;
- Be comfortable working in a site-based environment;
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and assist other team members with their tasks.
This is a great opportunity to join our team located in Sydney
If you are confident you have the skills and knowledge to fulfil this role, then please apply now via the button.
Job Ref No 233011
UGL has a strong focus on Diversity & Inclusion. We encourage and promote diversity and inclusion, and welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability and ethnicity including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.