Senior Management Accountant232578
DisciplineSenior Management Accountant
Primary LocationParramatta & Western Suburbs, New South Wales, Australia
UGL Unipart Rail Services Pty Ltd (UGL Unipart) was founded in December 2011 as a Joint Venture between UGL (Australia) and Unipart Rail (UK). UGL Unipart operates a Rail Maintenance Facility at Auburn where it maintains rolling stock for Sydney Trains, Transport for New South Wales and other rail operators.
UGL Unipart is seeking a Senior Management Accountant to provide full business partnering and support to operations management for both components and heavy maintenance, including monitoring the issue of customer invoices, performing SAP hours distribution, labour accruals for month end close, aid in budgeting, forecasting and supplying monthly management reporting and KPI packs to assigned profit centre managers, providing information and advice to maximize the financial performance of the business.
This role also requires to provide inspirational leadership to 2 Assistant accountants in relation to debtors, to maximise cash receipts and ensure UGL Rail accounting policies and standards are adhered to within the Auburn Site.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide business support to allocated Profit and Cost centre owners
- Manage debtors function including the 2 debtor’s assistant accountants to maximise performance in relation to cash collection targets
- Recommend / Lead business improvement initiatives that will maximise financial performance of UGL Unipart
- Prepare monthly / weekly operations management reports (Including Key Performance Indicators) and all activities and costs e.g. labour, materials. To ensure results of the business is understood.
- In conjunction with Profit Centre owners prepare monthly finance reports (including Risks & Opportunities, and Financial Commentary).
- Manage WIP for assigned Profit Centres
- Establish and maintain accounting and costing procedures that ensure accurate and timely financial reporting including month end results to operations management and the GM of Finance and Commercial.
- Administer SAP month end Settlement process, where allocated.
- Review of invoices and reports relating to invoicing produced by the Joint Venture and assist in recovery of outstanding debtors.
- Review and analyse all actual costs/expenses relevant to the business unit, investigating any discrepancies, highlighting concerns to relevant manager and assisting them to put plans in place to recover variances.
- Provide leadership, direction, supervision and inspirational management to all team members (direct & indirect).
- Provide information to corporate as required
- Ensure compliance with all record keeping requirements.
- Develop good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Undertake any adhoc projects, initiatives, tasks as direction by the GM Finance and Contracts
- Degree in Accounting with preferable 3 to 5 years’ experience in financial / management accounting;
- Membership of recognized accounting association e.g. CPA, ASA, NIA etc.;
- Preferred experience in computerized MRPII environment;
- High degree of computer literacy including spreadsheet and database applications;
- Friendly but efficient approach to the conduct of duties and other members of the staff;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands;
- Proficient skills in computers: MS Word, Excel, Access, email.
- Strong communication skills (oral & written) including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands.
- Proficient skills in computers: MS Word, Excel, email.
- Must be customer focused, team oriented, accountable and results driven.
- Ability to motivate and lead employees within the team to ensure achievement of business and functional goals, objectives and performance targets
- Ability and willingness to adapt, quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing structure, process, information and/or technology.
- Experienced gained in the rail, automotive, military, defence, avionics or any other safety critical environment.
As a fast growing global, multi-disciplined company, UGL are looking for strong achievers who strive for results and are passionate about developing their expertise. UGL are looking for people who are professional, innovative, committed and looking to be challenged.
We encourage and promote diversity and inclusion, and welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability and ethnicity including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
If you are confident, have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role then please apply now via the button.