Senior Systems Technician232278
DisciplineSenior Systems Technician
Primary LocationSydney CBD, Inner West, Eastern Suburbs, New South Wales, Australia
No matter where you are at UGL, you will find people who are passionate about what we do; the projects we work on, the services we provide, the communities in which we work, our principles and our people.
UGL Pty Limited is a diversified services company delivering critical assets and essential services that sustain and enhance the environment in which we live. Our capabilities extend across a broad range of services and whole-of-life solutions for diverse industries, utilising world leading, sustainable and innovative technologies. We partner with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprise and public institutions.
UGL is a member of the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors and the world’s largest contract miner.
By joining UGL, you will have the opportunity to work with an industry leader, gain invaluable experience and have the support to strive for more in your career.
About the role
UGL Defence manage the maintenance of assets for the Royal Australian Navy to ensure reliability and availability. At our site in Rozelle and at other locations around Sydney Harbour we ensure the 12-landing craft are maintained in accordance with scheduled activities and implement corrective actions for emergent events.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Systems Technician to join our team and undertake preventative and corrective maintenance of vessels within the mechanical and/or electrical fields. The technician works within the maintenance team on the execution of repairs, fault finding, overhaul and test & record. There is opportunity to develop into other facets of the business including Health & Safety, Planning & Scheduling and Continuous Improvement.
- Conduct high quality maintenance and defect investigation and repairs;
- Conduct high quality C & M Systems maintenance and defect investigation;
- Conduct high quality installation, removal/replacement, set to works, maintenance, overhauls, defect investigation and repair tasking to various/specialist mechanical, electrical and electronic systems and equipment;
- Conduct high quality electro-mechanical works;
- Assist in preparation of quotations and project tenders
- Data input and document control
Essential skills and experience required:
- Relevant Trade Certificate or Minimum Certificate IV in Engineering;
- Electrical license for Systems Technician – Electrical;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in related disciplines;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships both internally and externally;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast-paced environment;
- Proficient skills in computers: MS Word, Excel, email
We are looking for high achievers who strive for results and are passionate about developing their expertise and building a successful career. We want people who are professional, innovative, committed and looking to be challenged.
If you are confident you have the skills and knowledge to fulfil this role, then please apply now via the button.
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at UGL, so we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability or ethnicity. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.