Primary LocationPerth CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs, Western Australia, Australia
No matter where you are at UGL, you will find people who are passionate about what we do; the projects we work on, the services we provide, the communities in which we work, our principles and our people.
UGL Pty Limited is a diversified services company delivering critical assets and essential services that sustain and enhance the environment in which we live. Our capabilities extend across a broad range of services and whole-of-life solutions for diverse industries, utilising world leading, sustainable and innovative technologies. We partner with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprise and public institutions.
UGL is a member of the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors and the world’s largest contract miner.
By joining UGL, you will have the opportunity to work with an industry leader, gain invaluable experience and have the support to strive for more in your career.
UGL currently has an opportunity for an Accounts Administrator/ Junior Cost controller to join the Asset Services division team in the Perth Head office.
The Accounts Administrator/ Junior Cost Controller will be supporting the Project Accountant for our Iron Ore division and will be an integral part of the team and will be responsible for a range of duties involved with supporting the Project Accountant.
Responsibilities include but not limited to;
- Provide administration support and direction for the site and overall contract team
- Preparation of monthly project financial progress reports consistent with UGL requirements as well as any project client requirements.
- Accurate cost tracking/TCM
- Consolidate and report costs and schedules to the Site Manager within required time frames.
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports.
- Analyse deviation of gross margin from project budget/tender
- Set up cost code structure (WBS) and Service Orders
- Assign budgets to all work orders
- Process PEMS & VIMS claims for specified contracts to ensure entry is accurate and in keeping with company policy and procedures
- Maintain systems and procedures for each project/contract ensuring financial, commercial and contractual compliance
- Ensure labour costing for the project is correct and investigate any over/under recoveries.
- Monitor payments to sub-contractors and suppliers by scrutinizing goods receipting and invoicing and release for payment when accuracy assured
- Ensure project financial reporting and billing deadlines are met
- Oversee payroll activities for site to ensure entry is against correct work orders
- Attend Contract Finance Team Meetings providing update on site cost issues.
- Provide assistance to project document control
To be successful in this role you will need the following;
- Experience in using SAP and Advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills (oral & written) including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at various levels, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow through within a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands
- Must be customer focused, team oriented, accountable and results driven
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Must be energetic with a positive can-do attitude
- Ability and willingness to adapt, quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing structure, process, information and/or technology
To apply for this role, click the Apply button
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at UGL, so we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability or ethnicity. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.