Primary LocationPerth CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs, Western Australia, Australia
No matter where you are at UGL, you will find people who are passionate about what we do; the projects we work on, the services we provide, the communities in which we work, our principles and our people.
UGL Pty Limited is a diversified services company delivering critical assets and essential services that sustain and enhance the environment in which we live. Our capabilities extend across a broad range of services and whole-of-life solutions for diverse industries, utilising world leading, sustainable and innovative technologies. We partner with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprise and public institutions.
UGL is a member of the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors and the world’s largest contract miner.
By joining UGL, you will have the opportunity to work with an industry leader, gain invaluable experience and have the support to strive for more in your career.
We have an opportunity for an E&I Estimator to join the Asset Services team in Perth. Reporting to the Project Controls Manager you will be responsible for Estimating and Planning and assisting the efforts of other estimating resources to ensure that the Estimating team undertake their operations within Client and Company guidelines of Safety, Timeliness and Quality, in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Undertake the estimating works including BOQ, 1st principles estimation , take offs for E&I construction packages and Basis of Estimation documentation for an ongoing gas plant brownfield project
- Prepare and evaluate tender documents for submission to Sub Contractors and Vendors for the supply of services
- Co-ordinate clarifications with client regarding scope of works to optimize estimation details
- Produce Estimations in a timely manner
- Contract Interpretation and application of contract to maximise margin
To be successful in this role you will possess an Engineering Qualification/trade experience with significant Estimating experience min 7 years preferably with relation to Electrical and Instrumentation control construction work. Experience in a brownfield project for Oil and gas industry is highly desirable.
You will be a strong communicator (oral & written) including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally.
Key Requirements for this position are:
- Experience in project maintenance planning and scheduling and a good working knowledge of Contract interpretation, Contract Rates application, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Contract interpretation to identify opportunities that will greatly enhance company returns using numerous established pricing tables for various maintenance and fabrication tasks
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment without close supervision
- Demonstrated analytical and technical problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated strength for collaborative liaison with Client and internal project personnel and external agencies.
As the Estimator, you will receive senior management support coupled with the opportunity to work with highly experienced professionals. You will be able to maximise value whilst being part of a vision that reaches far into the future.
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at UGL, so we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability or ethnicity. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.