Primary LocationPort Hedland, Karratha & Pilbara, Western Australia, Australia
HSE ADVISOR - IMMEDIATE START - SHUTDOWNS
No matter where you are at UGL, you will find people who are passionate about what we do; the projects we work on, the services we provide, the communities in which we work, our principles and our people.
UGL Pty Limited is a diversified services company delivering critical assets and essential services that sustain and enhance the environment in which we live. Our capabilities extend across a broad range of services and whole-of-life solutions for diverse industries, utilising world leading, sustainable and innovative technologies. We partner with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprise and public institutions.
UGL is a member of the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors and the world’s largest contract miner.
By joining UGL, you will have the opportunity to work with an industry leader, gain invaluable experience and have the support to strive for more in your career.
We have opportunities for HSE Advisors to join the Asset Services division team in Perth working across multiple sites in Western Australia, positions are immediate start.
The HSE Advisor's will provide support across a number of projects, the role will assist line management and personnel in the effective implementation of UGL’s Health and Safety management and strategies.
- Deliver WH&S planning; solutions and coordination.
- Review specific Job Hazard Analyses/Safe Work Method Statements and to represent the company on project specific WHS matters and raise any non-compliance issues via the Construction Management team.
- Review authorisations to ensure that all UGL and sub-contractor personnel are appropriately accredited for safety requirements.
- Assist in the safety assessment of plant and equipment as required.
- Participate in Job Hazard Analyses/Safe Work Method Statements, Tool Box Talks and other briefings.
We are looking for high achievers who strive for results and have a strong commitment to achieving safety standards. We want people who are professional, innovative, committed and looking to be challenged.
To be successful you will:
- Has proven experience in a HSE Advisor position across shutdowns and project maintenance works.
- Experience working in a position covering multiple sites across Oil & Gas and Mining is essential
- Experience working for the client and contractor would be advantageous
- Ability to juggle multiple stakeholders, sites, clients coupled with still being able to act as a key advisor on the field with the team
- Root Cause Investigation Qualification (Taproot, ICAM) is essential
- Ability to write detailed reports and analyse data
- Excellent relationship building problem solving, negotiation and leadership skills
- Sound analytical skills and ability to challenge existing practices to identify justifiable improvement opportunities
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of Risk Management principles, hierarchy of controls etc.
- Strong communication skills is essential oral and written including negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships at all stakeholder levels
- A sold commercial understanding
To apply for this role, click the Apply button.
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at UGL, so we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability or ethnicity. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.