Graduate Data Scientist231512
DisciplineGraduate Data Scientist
Primary LocationAustralia, Choose One,
2019 CIMIC Group Graduate Program – UGL, Data Scientist Graduate - Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth
CIMIC Group invests in future leaders by providing graduates with exposure to a global organisation across multiple industries. The CIMIC Group graduate program gives graduates the opportunity to learn and develop whilst working on some of the worlds’ most iconic construction, mining and operations and maintenance projects.
Graduates are provided structured on the job training, guided learning plans and leadership mentoring. Over the two- year program, graduates will undertake three eight month rotations with placements in various roles, projects or operating companies within the group.
Graduates enter the program working at one of the CIMIC Group Operating Companies: UGL, CPB Contractors, Leighton Asia, Thiess, Sedgman or EIC Activities. Over the course of the program rotations and industry exposure activities are also available at CIMIC and Pacific Partnerships. For an overview of the CIMIC Group click here.
UGL is a diversified services company delivering critical assets and essential services that sustain and enhance the environment in which we live in. UGL is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services and is active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprise and public institutions. UGL’s skilled workforce, expertise in project management and end-to-end engineering, is backed by a continuous focus on safety, innovation and improvement.
We share the CIMIC Group Mission and Principles:
- Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
- Our Principles are Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery. Safety is more than a Principle, it underpins everything we do.
UGL, is now looking for students or recent Master Data Science graduates, to join the team as a Graduate Data Scientist.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Proactively fetch information from various data sources including recruitment, on-boarding, workforce planning, maintenance, turnarounds and financial systems.
- Integrate data sources into a useable database including externally sourced data from public systems
- Analyse data sources to provide a better understanding on the effectiveness and performance of the business systems and processes
- Where appropriate, develop predictive analytic and AI tools that further enhance the effectiveness of data driven decision making within the business
- Make recommendations based on data source gaps that are identified and potential avenues to collate that data
- Where relevant, utilise market intelligence and trends to identify medium term strategic insights that position our future direction regarding data science
To be successful in this program, you will have the capability to:
- Communicate, advise and present confidently
- Influence outcomes through excellent stakeholder engagement
- Innovate and propose creative solutions
- Work autonomously and as part of a team
- Learn new skills, be flexible and adaptive
- Deliver high quality outcomes, be outcome driven and self-motivated
- Relocate to various sites and projects, as required by program rotations
Your future starts here!
The CIMIC Group is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in the workplace. Applications are open to all Australian citizens and permanent residents, and New Zealand citizens. Graduates must have completed their degree within 2 years of the start of the program (February 2019) to be eligible.
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at UGL, so we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability or ethnicity. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.