Primary LocationAustralia, Choose One,
2019 CIMIC Group Graduate Program – UGL, Commercial Graduate - Brisbane and Melbourne locations
CIMIC Group invests in future leaders by providing graduates with exposure to a global organisation across multiple industries. The CIMIC Group graduate program gives graduates the opportunity to learn and develop whilst working on some of the worlds’ most iconic construction, mining and operations and maintenance projects.
Graduates are provided structured on the job training, guided learning plans and leadership mentoring. Over the two-year program, graduates will undertake three eight month rotations with placements in various roles, projects or operating companies within the group.
Graduates enter the program working at one of the CIMIC Group Operating Companies: UGL, CPB Contractors, Leighton Asia, Thiess, Sedgman or EIC Activities. Over the course of the program rotations and industry exposure activities are also available at CIMIC and Pacific Partnerships. For an overview of the CIMIC Group click here.
UGL is a diversified services company delivering critical assets and essential services that sustain and enhance the environment in which we live. UGL is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services and is active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprise and public institutions. UGL’s skilled workforce, expertise in project management and end-to-end engineering, is backed by a continuous focus on safety, innovation and improvement.
We share the CIMIC Group Mission and Principles:
- Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
- Our Principles are Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery. Safety is more than a Principle, it underpins everything we do.
UGL, is now looking for students or recent graduates of Economics, Business, Commerce / Law, disciplines for a Commercial Graduate role.
- Assist in providing financial control of various projects
- Maintain and provide suggestions for improvement to systems and procedures
- Administer subcontract and supply agreements
- Prepare and maintain cash flow reports
- Assist in negotiations for approval of variation and EOT claims and maintain associated registers
- Co-ordinate the receipt sub-contractor progress claims and invoices
- Maintain records of budgets, committed costs, forecasts, variations and purchases and prepare a monthly report
- Analyse cost and schedule data to identify trends and potential risk areas
- Provide support in review of contractual terms and conditions, and submission of pricing and tenders
To be successful in this program, you will have the capability to:
- Communicate, advise and present confidently
- Influence outcomes through excellent stakeholder engagement
- Innovate and propose creative solutions
- Work autonomously and as part of a team
- Learn new skills, be flexible and adaptive
- Deliver high quality outcomes, be outcome driven and self-motivated
- Relocate to various sites and projects, as required by program rotations
Your future starts here!
The CIMIC Group is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in the workplace.
Applications are open to all Australian citizens and permanent residents, and New Zealand citizens. Graduates must have completed their degree within 2 years of the start of the program (February 2019) to be eligible.
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at UGL, so we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability or ethnicity. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.