Senior Project Manager - Resources231105
DisciplineSenior Project Manager - Resources
Primary LocationNorth Shore & Northern Beaches, New South Wales, Australia
No matter where you are at UGL, you will
find people who are passionate about what we do; the projects we work on, the
services we provide, the communities in which we work, and our principles and
UGL is a diversified services company delivering critical assets and essential services that sustain and enhance the environment in which we live. Our capabilities extend across a broad range of services and whole-of-life solutions for diverse industries, utilising world leading, sustainable and innovative technologies. We partner with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies, government agencies, private enterprise, and public institutions.
UGL have upcoming opportunities for a Senior Project Manager join our Utilities & Resources division for upcoming projects in the mining sector based out of our Perth or Brisbane operations.
- Manage all aspects of project change management; schedule management; quality and risk management; budget, cost control, and cost forecasting.
- Manage any contractual claims through to a speedy conclusion that is satisfactory to all parties;
- Control of project procurement and approval of purchasing
- Ensure that our customers’ needs are delivered in a safe, timely and efficient manner whilst ensuring a safe and effective operation of the project
- Establish clear communication, solid lines of control and delegation to all direct and indirect reports.
- Actively create and maintain a culture of openness, responsiveness, honest, ethics and accountability across the team.
Qualifications, skills and Experience Required:
- Electrical, mechanical or civil engineering qualification
- Formal project management accreditation equivalent to Australian Institute Project Management (AIPM), PMBOK, Diploma, PMP or equivalent.
- Experienced in the delivery of multi-discipline complex projects with a background in an engineering design, build & commission operating environment with scope greater than $100-$300 Million.
- Proven background in the delivery of O&G, Mining, Industrial Process and/or Power projects from inception to practical completion in a contracting environment.
- Strong HSEQ focus and leadership capability
- Detailed knowledge of Primavera (P6) or MS Projects covering Critical Path Management, Earned Value Management, advanced resource allocation, project baseline comparisons and project reporting.
- A high level of business and commercial acumen with the ability to read, interrogate and interpret cash, cost, WIP and revenue project position with a sound understanding of production controls, procurement plans and programs.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Highly effective written and oral communications skills
Frequent travel/working away will be required for extended periods of time as per project requirements. We are looking for strong achievers who strive for results and are passionate about developing their expertise along with building a successful career. We want people who are professional, innovative, committed and looking to be challenged.