Senior Project Manager - Resources231105
DisciplineSenior Project Manager - Resources
Primary LocationNorth Shore & Northern Beaches, New South Wales, Australia
No matter where you are at UGL, you will find people who are passionate about what we do; the projects we work on, the services we provide, the communities in which we work, and our principles and people.
UGL Pty Limited is a diversified services company delivering critical assets and essential services that sustain and enhance the environment in which we live. Our capabilities extend across a broad range of services and whole-of-life solutions for diverse industries, utilising world leading, sustainable and innovative technologies. We partner with some of the world's largest blue-chip companies, government agencies, private enterprise, and public institutions.
UGL is a member of the CIMIC Group, one of the world's leading international contractors and the world's largest contract miner.
By joining UGL, you will have the opportunity to work with an industry leader, gain invaluable experience and have the support to strive for more in your career.
Due to continued growth UGL are currently seeking expressions of interest from experienced Senior Project Managers to join our Utilities & Resources division for upcoming projects in the mining sector, based out of our Perth and Brisbane operations.
Reporting directly to the General Manager Resources, you will be responsible for building and leading high performing project teams to expertly delivery medium to large ($200M+) SMP/E&I projects.
We are interested in your experience managing EPC Iron Ore projects or other mining and mineral processing facility projects with a demonstrated track record of exceptional safety, financial and schedule performance.
You will be an accomplished safety leader, excellent communicator and have a strong customer focus, with experience leading projects during bid phase and transitioning to execute highly desirable.
Responsibilities will include;
- Manage all aspects of project delivery including change management, schedule management, quality and risk management, budget, cost control, and cost forecasting.
- Manage any contractual claims through to a speedy conclusion that is satisfactory to all parties
- Control of project procurement and approval of purchasing
- Ensure that our customers' needs are delivered in a safe, timely and efficient manner whilst ensuring a safe and effective operation of the project
- Establish clear communication, solid lines of control and delegation to all direct and indirect reports
- Actively create and maintain a culture of openness, responsiveness, transparency, ethics and accountability across the team
Qualifications, skills and experience;
- Previous experienced in the management and delivery of multi-discipline complex projects with a background in an engineering design, build & commission operating environment with scope greater than $100-$300M
- Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering qualification or, relevant technical background and experience
- Formal project management accreditation equivalent to Australian Institute Project Management (AIPM), PMBOK, Diploma, PMP or equivalent
- Proven background in the delivery of O&G, Mining, Industrial Process and/or Power projects from inception to practical completion in a contracting environment
- Strong HSEQ focus and leadership capability
- Detailed knowledge of Primavera (P6) or MS Projects covering Critical Path Management, Earned Value Management, advanced resource allocation, project baseline comparisons and project reporting
- A high level of business and commercial acumen with the ability to read, interrogate and interpret cash, cost, WIP and revenue project position with a sound understanding of production controls, procurement plans and programs
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Highly effective written and oral communications skills
Due to the remote nature of our projects frequent travel/working away will be required for extended periods of time, in-line with project requirements.
As a global, multi-disciplined company, we are looking for strong achievers who strive for results and are passionate about developing their expertise and building a successful career. We want people who are professional, innovative, committed and looking to be challenged. If you are interested, please apply below.
For further information please contact Kate Thelan at email@example.com
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at UGL, so we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability or ethnicity. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.