Injury Management Advisor231101
DisciplineInjury Management Advisor
Primary LocationWestern Australia, Australia, Choose One
No matter where you are at UGL, you will find people who are passionate about what we do; the projects we work on, the services we provide, the communities in which we work, and our principles and people.
UGL is a diversified services company delivering critical assets and essential services that sustain and enhance the environment in which we live. Our capabilities extend across a broad range of services and whole-of-life solutions for diverse industries, utilising world leading, sustainable and innovative technologies. We partner with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies, government agencies, private enterprise, and public institutions.
At present, we have an opening for an Injury Management Advisor. Reporting to the Group Workers Compensation and Injury Manager, and working closely with the People & Culture and Safety teams, this position will provide 360-degree Injury Management advice and guidance to divisions within our Organisation.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
- Workers Compensation, Income Protection, Non-Work-Related injuries and illnesses & Pre-Employment medicals
- Manage all return to work and injury management processes, working in conjunction with treating health practitioners, allied health providers and other key stakeholders
- Assessment of medical advice to determine strategic direction and improved Return to Work outcomes
- Develop Return to Work programs in consultation with employees, medical practitioners and line managers
- Attend case conferences
- Maintain Claim files in InjuryConnect including documentation (medical certificates, reports, liability letters) and progress note reporting.
- Facilitation of health and wellness program
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Minimum 5 years’ injury management experience with qualification in an allied health or related area
- Experience designing and delivering proactive early intervention injury management including; workplace based assessment of alternate duties and engaging with injured workers and supervisors to facilitate effective return to work outcomes
- Experience in effective and successful problem solving, conflict resolution and decision making in a case management environment
- Sound knowledge of medical and legal terminology associated with the management of work related injuries/ illnesses
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in the interpretation and analysis of relevant legislation and policy (including across jurisdictions)
- Experience in effectively communicating and negotiating with a diverse range of clients at various levels (both verbal and written), including medical and legal practitioners.
- Superior time management and prioritisation skills
- Personable demeanour with a good sense of humour!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional and motivated individual to join a top-tier organisation, and perfect for someone who thrives working in a fast-paced environment. If you are confident you have the requisite capabilities to join us and hit the ground running, we look forward to receiving your expression of interest.
Apply using the button below or online at http://www.ugllimited.com/join-us, quoting reference number 231101.
For assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at UGL, so we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability or ethnicity. We particularly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander.