Signallng Design Manager230382
DisciplineSignallng Design Manager
Primary LocationMelbourne - Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs, Victoria, Australia
UGL Pty Limited is a diversified services company delivering critical assets and essential services that sustain and enhance the environment in which we live. Our capabilities extend across a broad range of services and whole-of-life solutions for diverse industries, utilising world leading, sustainable and innovative technologies. We partner with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprise and public institutions.
UGL is a member of the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors and the world’s largest contract miner.
With a significant pipeline of opportunities identified across the Transport and Technology sectors, we are currently seeking expressions of interest from an experienced Design Lead/Manager - Signalling. Leading an established team for the Victoria Signalling projects, you will be responsible for managing the systems engineering and integration processes and activities for the systems delivered by UGL, principally signalling, communications and train control.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Being nominated as the overall owner of all the systems, related documents and ensure completeness and correctness.
- Develop and maintain processes and approaches for systems integration of the railway systems to be utilised within design, procurement, construction and testing & commissioning and completions.
- Coordinate interface design to ensure that all interface requirements are incorporated.
- Develop and effectively manage the change management process
- Lead, coach and mentor a culture in your team that fosters innovation and both business and personal improvement
As a global, multi-disciplined company, we are looking for strong achievers who strive for results and are passionate about developing their expertise and building a successful career. To be successful you will require:
- Qualifications in electrical engineering. Membership of appropriate professional organisation (e.g. SESA, IRSE, MTM, IEEE, PMI etc.) would be desirable
- Proven experience in delivery and management of multi-discipline projects, including rail signalling & Train control.
- Experience in systems engineering and integration of railway systems
- You will have well developed skills to write technical documentation/reports and excellent time management skills.
- A background in leading, developing and managing teams
- Have excellent communication skills including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Are customer focused, team oriented, accountable and results driven
In return for your hard work and dedication you will be rewarded with a competitive salary package, an opportunity for career growth and development as well as the chance to work with a team of driven and professional colleagues who encourage and support the delivery of optimum results.
If you are confident you have the skills and knowledge to fulfil this role, then please apply now via the button.
Job Ref No. 230382