Primary LocationPort Hedland, Karratha & Pilbara, Western Australia, Australia
ELECTRICAL & INSTRUMENTATION SUPERINTENDENT
No matter where you are at UGL, you will find people who are passionate about what we do; the projects we work on, the services we provide, the communities in which we work, our principles and our people.
UGL Pty Limited is a diversified services company delivering critical assets and essential services that sustain and enhance the environment in which we live. Our capabilities extend across a broad range of services and whole-of-life solutions for diverse industries, utilising world leading, sustainable and innovative technologies. We partner with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprise and public institutions.
UGL is a member of the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors and the world’s largest contract miner.
By joining UGL, you will have the opportunity to work with an industry leader, gain invaluable experience and have the support to strive for more in your career.
We have an opportunity for an Electrical & Instrumentation Superintendent to join the Asset Services division team in Adelaide.
The E&I Superintendent is responsible for the planning, support and management of all works associated with the repair, remediation and upgrade of O&G and Iron Ore facilities across WA. The activities will involve preparatory planning and organization of site works, co-ordination of sub contracts & suppliers, materials, plant and equipment for execution and liaising with client personnel to ensure work delivery to project budget and timeline.
- Lead and model high standards in the company’s safety and environmental systems, standards and legislative requirements
- Supervision of labour and equipment on the project to ensure completion of the work in a safe, cost effective and timely manner
- Manage productivity and motivate the workforce to be innovative in the way work is performed
Ensuring site works are executed safely in accordance with client and UGL HSSE protocols;
Engagement, management and project support through sub contractor and suppliers.
Ensure Site Supervisor has all required trades, materials, plant and equipment to conduct site works.
Involvement in pre-mobilization activities e.g. JHA preparation, work packs etc;
Preparation, planning and co-ordination of daily site activities to meet project timeline as directed by the Project Manager;
Attendance of daily meetings to support site works;
- Work with UGL Engineering and Project management to deliver the works
- Promote a workplace of innovation and business improvement
- Plan and coordinate resources and equipment for the project to conduct the work in a safe, timely and cost effective manner
- Ensure that the quality requirements of the client are adhered to and that company procedures are followed, and sign off on team’s quality documentation
- To ensure that services delivered to client meet or exceed expectations of UGL and Client
- Drive and collate client and internal cost savings through business improvement initiatives that are a result of the innovation and best practice framework
- Ensure practices adopted reflect a commitment to the highest standard in OH&S and environment
- Ensure compliance with UGL and client safety environmental systems, standards and legislative requirements
- Aim to achieve or exceed agreed safety targets
- Support the implementation of UGL's safety programmes and initiatives
- Timely and accurate reporting, and investigation of incidents and near misses
- Create a culture that fosters high performance and a business and personal improvement mindset
To be successful in this role;
10 + previous year’s experience as a E&I Superintendent across Oil & Gas projects
Experience in previous Superintendent level role, responsible for direct engagement of subcontractors, equipment and plant hire and supplier management of equivalent projects and sites.
Experience in the site supervision and co-ordination of multiple trades
Experience delivering complex site works of > $1M in value;
Experience with brownfields maintenance and shutdowns on an operating oil and gas or similar hazardous facilities
Strong written and spoken English language skills;
Strong IT skills in particular MS Excel, MS Word and MS Project;
Strong understanding of industry typical HSSE procedures associated with site works e.g. Combined Space Entry, Excavation safety, control of works / permit to work systems, etc.
To apply for this role, click the Apply button.
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at UGL, so we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability or ethnicity. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.