Primary LocationVictoria, Australia, Choose One
No matter where you are at UGL, you will find people who are passionate about what we do; the projects we work on, the services we provide, the communities in which we work, and our principles and people.
UGL Pty Limited is a diversified services company delivering critical assets and essential services that sustain and enhance the environment in which we live. Our capabilities extend across a broad range of services and whole-of-life solutions for diverse industries, utilising world leading, sustainable and innovative technologies. We partner with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprise and public institutions.
UGL is a member of the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors and the world’s largest contract miner.
By joining UGL, you will have the opportunity to work with an industry leader, gain invaluable experience and have the support to strive for more in your career.
We are seeking a C12 Trades Assistant to join our Rail Business in Ballarat to support Comeng Life Extension Stage 1.
Reporting to the Supervisor, the role is primarily responsible for Stores Operation but will work on the Shop Floor when required.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all work is undertaken to the standards set down by the client and UGL Ballarat,
- The position requires a strong focus on customer needs, ensuring compliance with the company’s policies, procedures and production targets,
- Ensure safe work practices are carried out in line with the company’s safety and environmental guidelines,
- Assisting Fitters and Boilermakers to complete assigned work,
- Pick and Pack ,
- Goods Receipt and Issue,
- Forklift Movements ,
- Truck loading / unloading and
- Truck deliveries to Melbourne
- Computer Entry via SAP module
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Fork Lift License
- HR Truck License
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to disassemble and clean components
- Knowledge of manufacturing and component overhaul processes and practices
- Basic knowledge of stores and logistics processes
- Ability to read maintenance/production instructions and technical drawings and plans
- Previous Trade Assistant experience working in the Rail Industry or medium to heavy duty engineering environments
- Time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise conflicting tasks as required
- Problem solving ability
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Trades Assistant to join the Ballarat Team for an approximate 4-month duration.
To Apply, click on the Apply button.
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at UGL, so we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability or ethnicity. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Ref No. 229254
For assistance, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org