Primary LocationPerth CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs, Western Australia, Australia
No matter where you are at UGL, you will find people who are passionate about what we do; the projects we work on, the services we provide, the communities in which we work, our principles and our people.
UGL Pty Limited is a diversified services company delivering critical assets and essential services that sustain and enhance the environment in which we live. Our capabilities extend across a broad range of services and whole-of-life solutions for diverse industries, utilising world leading, sustainable and innovative technologies. We partner with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprise and public institutions.
UGL is a member of the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors and the world’s largest contract miner.
Endeavour Energy is responsible for the safe and reliable supply of electricity to households and businesses across Sydney’s Greater West, the Blue Mountains, Southern Highlands, the Illawarra and the South Coast.
Endeavour Energy and UGL have formed a long-term alliance to deliver electricity infrastructure to some of the fastest growing regions in Australia.
We have an opportunity for an Environment Specialist to join the Asset Services team in Western Sydney.
Working closely with Endeavour Energy management, you will be responsible for overall environmental planning, approvals, scope and project management for major capital, distribution works and maintenance to ensure this work is achieved to specific standards in accordance with legislative requirements and within allocated budgets.
Responsibilities include but not include to;
- Prepare Environmental Management Plans in accordance with environmental legislation and the relevant Acts;
- Manage the process for gaining Environmental Approvals by liaising with any relevant Council and Government authorities, undertaking community consultation, preparing impact assessment documentation and the preparation of a Notice of Determination;
- Implement key community engagement processes;
- Conduct environment audits to ensure due diligence;
- Lead and model high standards in Safety and Environmental compliance.
To be successful in this role;
- Degree in Environmental Management, Environmental Planning or similar;
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role within the Consulting, Energy/Electrical, Local Government, Professional Services or Utilities industries;
- Experience in dealing with environmental issues in multiple complex, challenging settings, is essential;
- Proven ability to quickly build and maintain effective relationships, across all levels;
- Exceptional communication skills are essential, as is superior conflict resolution and negotiation abilities.
Please note a rigorous pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening will be conducted. UGL also undertakes regular random screening.
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at UGL, so we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability or ethnicity. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this role, click the Apply button.