Electrical Transmission Mains Engineers229246
DisciplineElectrical Transmission Mains Engineers
Primary LocationPerth CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs, Western Australia, Australia
Endeavour Energy is responsible for the safe and reliable supply of electricity to households and businesses across Sydney’s Greater West, the Blue Mountains, Southern Highlands, the Illawarra and the South Coast.
Endeavour Energy and UGL have formed a long-term alliance to deliver electricity infrastructure to some of the fastest growing regions in Australia.
UGL has an opportunity for an Electrical Transmission Mains Engineer to join the Asset Services team in Western Sydney.
Working closely with Endeavour Energy management, you will be responsible for transmission mains design projects including; project scoping, feasibility studies, detailed designs, technical investigations, design documentation and budgeting.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Development of specifications to tender and the procurement of long lead time equipment and construction support;
- Ensure that detailed transmission overhead and underground mains designs, drawings and work packets are produced to meet project requirements, schedules and standards;
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders including; Capacity Planning, Substation Design and Civil/Structural Design Groups;
- Conduct and report on technical investigations;
- Research, investigate and evaluate the development of equipment and systems utilised by transmission mains to enhance efficiencies;
- Lead and model high standards in Safety and Environmental compliance.
To be successful in this role;
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering;
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role within the Energy / Electrical or Utilities industries;
- Experience with both overhead and underground transmission system design;
- The ability to use industry standard modelling and drafting tools such as; PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, PLS-TOWER, CYMCAP and AutoCAD will be highly regarded.
As a successful Electrical Transmission Mains Engineer, you will have the proven ability to deliver designs across multiple projects with varying risks and challenges. Your ability to interact with key stakeholders and build relationships across all levels, both internally and externally, coupled with analytically assessing any given situation and identifying key issues is essential.
Your demonstrated experience in managing and coordinating multiple projects, at varying stages of completion, involving multiple stakeholders, will ensure success in this role. As this role required travel across multiple sites and offices a current Driver’s License and your own vehicle is required.
Please note a rigorous pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening will be conducted. Endeavour Energy and UGL workers are subject to regular random screening.
To apply for this role, click the Apply button.