Senior HSE Advisor227851
DisciplineSenior HSE Advisor
Primary LocationNorth Shore & Northern Beaches, New South Wales, Australia
UGL Pty Limited is a diversified services company delivering critical assets and essential services that sustain and enhance the environment in which we live. Our capabilities extend across a broad range of services and whole-of-life solutions for diverse industries, utilising world leading, sustainable and innovative technologies. We partner with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprise and public institutions.
UGL is a member of the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors and the world’s largest contract
This new role will report to the HSSE Manager NSW/QLD and will provide support across a number of projects. The role will assist line management and personnel in the effective implementation of UGL’s Health and Safety management and strategies. Responsibilities will include:
- Deliver WH&S planning; solutions and coordination.
- Review specific Job Hazard Analyses/Safe Work Method Statements and to represent the company on project specific WHS matters and raise any non-compliance issues via the Construction Management team.
- Review authorisations to ensure that all UGL and sub-contractor personnel are appropriately accredited for safety requirements.
- Assist in the safety assessment of plant and equipment as required.
- Participate in risk assessments, Job Hazard Analyses/Safe Work Method Statements, Tool Box Talks and other briefings.
We are looking for high achievers who strive for results and have a strong commitment to achieving safety standards. We want people who are professional, innovative, committed and looking to be challenged. To be successful you will:
- Have relevant tertiary studies and have sound experience in the HSE field
- Previous experience in construction and/or heavy industry. Working in the rail corridor experience preferred but not essential
- Previous experience in sub-contractor management
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of Risk Management principles, hierarchy of controls etc.
- Ability to conduct accident/incident investigations, risk assessments and hazard / injury management processes.
- Have excellent communication skills including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with key stakeholders
This is a great opportunity to join our team located in Pymble NSW.
If you are confident you have the skills and knowledge to fulfil this role, then please apply now via the button.
Job Ref No 227851